Skip to main content

Intern Spotlight: 5 Questions with Success Olawore






What was your role at Edgetechies?

I worked for 3 months as an intern product designer on a number of brand projects. 

What were the projects you worked on during that period?

During my stay at Edgetechies, I worked on conceptualizing and designing the user interface for two of the company's projects. I also worked on designing a blog site using WordPress and on various graphic designs for the company's communications and brand identity.

In that case, how would you rate your time at Edgetechies? 

I would say I had a good and productive time from both a career and personal perspective. During my time at Edgetechies, I properly understood all the things that could be done using Figma. I was able to properly conceptualize and bring out designs from my ideas. Furthermore, I also learned more about Wordpress and how it works, as well as how to use Canva to create various designs. All these tools These tools have helped me become better as a frontend developer, and now I am able to ideate properly and build out different ideas. 

Very Great! So was it all smooth sailing, or did you face some challenges?

Of course, there were challenges. Getting proper internet and electricity to work efficiently was an issue because the internship was remote. However, thanks to the stipend I got from the company, I was able to pay for an affordable workspace that allowed me to perform my duties up to expectations. 

So overall, what is your impression of Edgetechies as a company?

I recommend Edgetechies as a great place to work, as I was exposed to a lot of new concepts, and I’m very grateful for that. I was given tasks that challenged me, and I was able to do them all. I want to especially appreciate Mr. Damola  Anjorin, who took his time to make me feel wanted and appreciated and also made sure I gained a lot during my internship period. I am grateful for the opportunity to intern as a product designer at EdgeTechies and for the valuable experiences I gained during this period. I am confident that the skills and knowledge I have acquired will be instrumental in my future career as a product designer.


Connect with Success Olawore on LinkedIn to see more of his work.


Read Another intern's experience here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helpmum; One of the startups we helped lay the foundation, continues to make waves

Helpmum Africa ; one of the startups that our business development team led by 'Damola Anjorin helped lay the foundation and continues to support, recently got selected as one of the startups to be funded in partnership by META(whatsapp) on rolling out Turn.io. This is also coming after being recently selected as the first-ever African winner of a $250,000 grant from the   Patrick McGovern Foundation  to support the deployment of the company's AI-Driven Vaccine Intervention Optimiser (ADVISER) Plus  a $50,000 grant from  Waislitz Global Citizens ; for remarkable work in tackling maternal and infant mortality alongside covid response. The team continues to make strides, with series of wins including about 12 million USD grant recently with a few other organizations. More info  here  We're proud of the team's back-to-back wins and the strategic support we've been providing over the years from the company's founding moments. Learn more about the company'...

The Coded Value of Social Enterprises: Impact That Sustains

At Edgetechies, we believe every enterprise carries two types of value: the visible kind—revenues, customers, partnerships—and the coded kind, which sits beneath the surface. For social enterprises, that coded value lies in their ability to deliver impact while also building paths to profitability and sustainability . For years, many viewed social enterprises as charity-adjacent, destined to rely on grants or goodwill. But the truth is different. When structured right, social enterprises can be among the most resilient and scalable business models of our time. Their coded value is in how they turn human problems into market opportunities —balancing purpose with business sense. Purpose as a Growth Engine The most successful social enterprises don’t chase impact at the expense of profit. They harness purpose as a growth engine. Take SkillHer , for example. What began as a safe space for women to learn and upskill has grown into a thriving community unlocking new opportunities across N...

Helping entrepreneurs grow; case study and success story of Cakesdeporche

Getting the fundamentals right is always guaranteed to produce remarkable growth outcomes in any business, regardless of the industry. We’ve managed to prove this repeatedly with multiple businesses of various sizes we've worked with over time across different locations, operating domains & industries. This has also proven to be the case with one of our recent clients- Cakesdeporche ; a pastry services business based in Ibadan, Nigeria. The CEO engaged us to help take the business beyond a revenue plateau and attain the next level of growth. Lead Project Consultant & Engagement Manager - Mr Ajibola Kasope worked alongside other consultants, to revisit the business fundamentals and craft a new business plan, coupled with the provision of strategic business development support over the course of the engagement.  These include - helping to finetune the business objectives and support each with the right strategy, executing new product launches, strengthening multi-channel mark...